|SELLER Information Centre (Below are 19 Quick Links to Help You)|
|OVERVIEW||Pricing Strategies||Marketing Plan|
|20 Questions||Marketing Strategy||Showings|
|Why use a Realtor?||Exciting||79 Ideas $|
|Flow Chart||How I will Help||Mistakes to AVOID|
|Why Mark?||Price Graph||5 TRUTHS|
NOTE: Please read numbers 63 to 79. They can be critical to your sale! (Maybe you wanted buyer Tips or FAQ's or home inspection questions and issues)
These 79 Ideas and Suggestions will Help You Improve Your Sale Price by $1000 TO $5000 - These are ways to help you sell Your Home (some are Quick Easy Fix Ups) Faster and for Top Dollar!
SETTING THE "STAGE" these are some preliminary thoughts...
- You will profit by using some ideas I have compiled in the list below. Beyond the obvious considerations of location, size, present condition and design of your home, buyers look for special qualities that appeal to their emotions.
- It is your job to prepare the groundwork, to "set the stage" for a buyer to fall in love with your home. Think of what has made your home so special to you and try to highlight these features. Although no home is perfect, you must try to become aware of its shortcomings. Once you do, you have the opportunity to accentuate the positive and eliminate the negatives by making your home more visually appealing.
- For example: a long dark hall will appear shorter if wall papered in vertical pastel stripes; or by hanging a few pictures on the walls and installing inexpensive lights above them, you will stop the buyer's eyes along the way. The monotonous tunnel effect will be immediately eliminated!
- I've compiled this list of 79 suggestions and ideas to improve possible problem areas in your home. Selling your home, though rarely a "fun" experience, can be a painless and profitable one if both you and I put in the effort. It is this cooperative venture that will meet your goal of selling your home fast, with the least amount of inconvenience and at the best price and terms for you.
Mark's job is to provide you with all the information you will need to make the best decision for you and your family. To receive Mark's monthly newsletter, just E-mail him.
Copyright © A. Mark Argentino, July 16th, 1996. NOTE: Real Estate AGENTS and Web designers are warned that Absolutely NO unauthorized reproduction of this site or any other web pages contained herein, by any means, without the written consent of the author is permitted. International Intellectual and Property Copyright; 1996 through to 2019 A. Mark Argentino; originally copyrighted in Mississauga, Ontario as of Tuesday, July 16th, 1996
Of course, there are " Mark's 5 WRITTEN Guarantees " just in case you are not convinced yet that Mark is the right Agent for you!
Guaranteed Real Estate Service-"My reputation depends on it!"
back to top
1. Make those minor repairs - no matter how minor.
2. Whatever the season, do some spring cleaning.
3. Have a yard sale or pack away in boxes those items that clutter.
4. Create the illusion of spaciousness.
5. Give your rooms a light, bright look.
6. Use colour and lighting to draw attention to your homes best selling features.
7. Disguise unsightly views- remove heavy curtains, let the light in.
8. Eliminate unpleasant odors.
9. Avoid eccentricities- remove those beaded curtains!
10. Accessories can make or break a room- avoid clutter.
11. Display photos that show your home during other seasons.
YOUR HOME'S FRONT DOOR AND PORCH
12. Create a welcoming spot in colour- flower pot, paint front door.
13. Invest in a new doormat.
14. Open curtains, have sparkling windows.
YOUR HOME'S ENTRY HALL
15. Create a dramatic focal point - e.g.., flowers, poinsettia, antiques.
16. Add spaciousness with a well placed mirror.
17. Improve floor appearance here, if nowhere else (except kitchen).
18. Clean out your coat closet.
19. Create the illusion of an entry hall if you have none-narrow table, open bookcase, railing, its own lighting area.
YOUR HOME'S LIVING ROOM AND FAMILY ROOM
20. Treat these rooms as if they were stage settings-games room suggests good family life, a guitar is warm, a dictionary, half finished crossword puzzle- let the buyer imagine living in your home.
21. Highlight your fireplace, decorating the mantle or above with picture.
22. Improve traffic flow in these rooms.
23. Draw attention to exposed beams or a cathedral ceiling.
24. Don't let the TV dominate or be the focal point of the room.
YOUR HOME'S DINING ROOM OR DINING AREA
25. Set the scene by setting the table and add a centerpiece.
26. Make a large dining room into, say, a dining room and a small library or add a desk.
27. Visually enlarge a small dining area-remove leaves, place against wall, remove extra side chairs or large pieces.
Back to top
YOUR HOME'S KITCHEN
28. Use props to set the scene- open cookbook, basket of eggs, bunch of carrots on a cutting board, ceramic mixing bowl with whisk, etc.
29. Make it smell great- simmer Christmas brew, bake bread, bowl of lemons, fresh coffee, cinnamon sticks etc.
30. Expand your counter space, store small appliances, use a moveable cart.
31. Create more storage space-neat organized shelves, hanging pot rack.
32. Accent kitchen windows-plants, bird feeder outside window.
33. Make small kitchen appear larger-repaint white (walls recede), light curtains, mirror.
34. Highlight an eat-in area, set the table, fruit as a centerpiece.
YOUR HOME'S LAUNDRY ROOM
35. Make it cheerful and appealing.
36. Double duty- corner table or chair, sewing area, set the stage.
YOUR HOME'S STAIRWAYS
37. Make them safe- lighting, clutter-free, rail, carpet or runners secure?
38. Add visual interest- plant stand on landing, wallpaper can narrow.
39. Improve appearance of stair treads, clean or paint.
YOUR HOME'S BEDROOMS
40. Create a master bedroom "suite" effect ("Large is Better")- avoid busy patterns, small desk, chair with lamp, etc.
41. Tackle your closets, clear clutter, clear floor, organize shelves, smell.
42. Add storage boxes under the bed if you need more storage.
43. Depersonalize teenagers rooms- at your own risk!
YOUR HOME'S BATHROOMS
44. Create a look- plants, glass bowl of shells, pictures, fresh towels, magazine rack, etc.
45. Colour- grey and rose, all white- add some accent colours.
46. Invest in a new shower curtain and/or bath mat.
47. Improve (not replace) your floor covering, scrub and clean.
48. Put out fresh towels and soap.
49. Add a pretty dish of potpourri.
Back to top
YOUR HOME'S BASEMENT
50. Make it as pleasant as possible- erase all signs of dampness or mildew.
51. Increase wattage of all bulbs to brighten up.
52. Set it up as a games room or teen room -Ping-Pong table, bright posters.
53. Highlight a workbench area, dust, clean and organize.
YOUR HOME'S DRIVEWAY AND GARAGE
54. Fix up driveways for first impression impact.
55. Enlarge and improve appearance of garage with lights, clear floor, organized shelves.
56. Avoid an overgrown, unkempt look- prune, cut lawn, edge carefully.
57. Mark property boundaries if fences or lines don't exist.
58. Use flowering plants to dress up your yard.
59. Draw attention to special trees- flowers at base to draw eye in.
60. Play up flat areas- badminton set or volleyball net.
61. Set up a backyard living/dining area- picnic table or rocking chairs.
62. Let your pool help sell your home- clean, open earlier or close later, if winter, have photo of pool in summer, draw up a pool information sheet including costs, upkeep time, installation date, pool size and pool items included with your home.
E-mail Mark by clicking here or phone him at 905-828-3434
Back to main menu
back to top
THESE ARE IDEAS #63 TO #79, READ THEM CAREFULLY.
THEY COULD BE KEY TO YOUR SALE!
WHEN YOUR HOME IS SHOWN
63. Be willing to show your home (practically) any time -yes it's an inconvenience to show your home at dinner time, but if the people buy your home, isn't it worth a re-heated dinner?
64. Have a family game plan for last minute showing- dust the table, put the dishes in the dishwasher, have kids clean their rooms, hide those damp pantyhose hanging on the shower rod - don't dare apologize about the condition of your home! (This will start buyers out on a negative)
65. Air out your home an hour before showings- smell better, wide open windows on a nice day with a gentle breeze ruffling your curtains.
66. Set your thermostat at a comfortable temperature -this is not the time to economize.
67. Light a fire in the fireplace to set the mood.
68. Turn on lights in each room- brightens up your home.
69. Put pets out and send children to play at the neighbours (if possible).
70. Keep out of sight when your home is being shown- buyers feel uncomfortable when you're around. The benefit is they can more easily imagine the house as their own when you're not around.
71. Never volunteer information (you won't be there if you follow the previous tip). Resist the urge to tell them how great it is to have a bus stop out front for your children, as you may learn later that the prospective buyers have no children, work the evening shift and love to sleep in late in the morning.
72. Don't be compelled to apologize for what you may see as one of your home's weaknesses, you may be moving because of the traffic noise of that newly built highway, yet the buyer may be moving in your area because of the very proximity of the highway for quick commuting. Let the salesperson do the job of selling.
OTHER IDEAS AND CONSIDERATIONS
73. Draw up a floor plan if you don't have one- it's a visual selling tool and they'll remember your home much better after they leave.
74. Some purchasers want to know what your heating, electricity, water and sewer costs are per month and also sometimes want to see warranties on appliances. Have this information available if asked.
75. Tell everyone you meet that your home is for sale- why keep it a secret, word of mouth is a strong selling aid.
76. Remain optimistic, it's easy to get discouraged after your home has been shown ten or twelve times, but you've done everything to make your home more salable, so don't take it personally. Keep in touch with me, I'll be continually updating you as to market activity. Remember someone is going to walk through your front door and fall head over heels in love with your home. After all, you did.
77. Don't be afraid to accept your first offer. If you've priced your home right, we may get an offer in the first week that is very close to the asking price. Don't panic and think your home is under priced, it means that the prospective buyers appreciate your home and want it badly.
78. Don't forget that every buyer wants to feel that he has got a "deal"- that is one reason you built bargaining leeway into your price in the first place.
79. Don't be afraid to call me any time with what may seem to be the smallest of questions. That's what I'm here for, to service you and get your home sold in the quickest time, with the least amount of inconvenience, and at the best price and terms for you.
This list has come from my personal experiences and some books I have read over the years. I hope you have found it helpful and if you have any ideas, please let me know and I'll add them to the list.
Working together to get your home sold.
P.Eng., Real Estate Representative
WARNING: This information is Not intended to solicit listed properties. It shares with you some vital information and questions to ask, so you can make the best decision for yourself and your family.
Back to top
You may be thinking about a move ~ and when you are ~ there's lots to think about. Choosing the right Agent is the biggest decision you face ~ Whether you're planning to move now or in the future ~ I urge you to E-mail me or call my office to receive your
back to top
Mississauga MLS Real Estate Properties & MLS.CA Homes for Sale | All Pages including Mississauga Real Estate Blog all maintained by firstname.lastname@example.org Copyright © A. Mark Argentino, P.Eng., Broker, RE/MAX Realty Specialists Inc., Brokerage, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L5M 7A1 (905) 828-3434 Google First created - Tuesday, July 16th, 1996 at 3:48:41 PM - Last Update of this website: Thursday, July 4, 2019 8:18 AM
At this Mississauga, (Erin Mills, Churchill Meadows, Sawmill Valley, Credit Mills and / or Meadowvale ) Ontario, Canada Real Estate Homes and Property Internet web site you will find relevant information to help you and your family.
|You will receive valuable Real Estate information on a monthly basis - such as: where to find the 'best' mortgage interest rates, Power of Sale Properties and graphs of current house price trends. Plus, you will pick up ideas, suggestions and excellent real estate advice when you sell or buy your next home.
Read Past Newsletters before you decide