Information Centre (Below are 19 Quick Links to Help You)|
This page shows you what you can do to improve your bottom line while your
home is being shown to a prospective buyer.
How to Help Agents when they
are Showing Your Home
- Let the agent sell your home. It is usually much better if you
are not there during the showing, the prospective buyers can talk openly
with the agent, who is well versed in handling objections and calming nerves.
- Children, pets and adults can keep buyers from feeling at ease while they
look through a home. For showings, please be out of the house if possible.
- Turn off the television and stereo, even background music can be distracting.
- Turn on all lights for the entire showing. Open drapes in the daytime,
close them at night.
- Strong cooking or smoking odors can ruin a sale. Make sure your
home is fresh for showings. Create pleasant aromas by opening windows,
putting out fresh flowers, or baking bread or cookies a bit before the showing.
- Have a lock box installed and leave your home in "ready to show condition" whenever
- Use an answering machine or another message system available so messages
can be left regarding appointments.
- Make sure that the feature sheets of your home are left in a conspicuous
place. If your supply is getting low, let me know and I will drop
some more off.
- Remove and replace major items not included in the sale if you feel this
is necessary - you don't have to remove small things - e.g.: dining room
chandelier or the occasional window covering
- Often it is difficult for Agents to schedule appointments precisely. Expect
Agents one half hour either way of the scheduled appointment time.
- If your for sale sign is vandalized or dislodges, please let me know right
away and I will have it corrected.
- Be sure to put valuables away. Although theft problems are extremely
rare, you are always better safe than sorry.
- Of course, there are " Mark's
5 WRITTEN Guarantees " just in case you are not convinced yet
that Mark is the right Agent for you!
is the complete list of 79 ideas and suggestions to get you more money
when you sell with more tips on what to do before and during a showing
- Things NOT to say while your home is being shown
back to top
I am ready for an online evaluation
Mississauga MLS Real Estate Properties & MLS.CA Homes for Sale | All Pages including Mississauga Real Estate Blog all maintained by email@example.com Copyright © A. Mark Argentino, P.Eng., Broker, RE/MAX Realty Specialists Inc., Brokerage, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L5M 7A1 (905) 828-3434 Google First created - Tuesday, July 16th, 1996 at 3:48:41 PM - Last Update of this website: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 8:51 PM
At this Mississauga, (Erin Mills, Churchill Meadows, Sawmill Valley, Credit
Mills and or Meadowvale ) Ontario, Canada Real Estate Homes and Property Internet
web site you will find relevant information to help you and your family.
Real Estate Market Watch Newsletter Why Subscribe? You will receive valuable Real Estate information on a monthly basis - such as: where to find the 'best' mortgage interest rates, Power of Sale Properties and graphs of current house price trends. Plus, you will pick up ideas, suggestions and excellent real estate advice when you sell or buy your next home.
Read Past Newsletters before you decide