Home Page of Mississauga Homes and Properties for SaleCondos for sale in MississaugaMississauga Power of Sales ListingsView Mississauga MLS Listings Properties For SaleMortgage Interest Rates in the Toronto, GTA and MississaugaToronto, GTA Mississauga Public Open HousesMarks Contact Information and Profile
Menu
 

You are here: 

Should You Beware Of Real Estate Commissions That Are Too Low And Too High?


Do you think that you should Beware Of Commissions That Are Too Low And Too High?

We're always looking for a deal. Deals are fantastic! I'm especially guilty of this. I drive three blocks to save 5 cents per litre of gas! I haggle for beer nuts with flea market vendors! I would rather take my car to a shop for an oil change rather than the dealer! This is normal human behaviour, and I'm sure none of us will change our daily routine of looking for the best deal.

The difference between looking for a deal with everyday purchases and looking for a deal when selling your home is this: The cheaper gas won't immobilize my car, the cheaper price on beer nuts doesn't affect the quality, and the dealer's expensive oil is no different than the shop's oil. With Real Estate, you get what you pay for - and the price of having a full-time professional realtor who invests his/her own time and money to give clients peace of mind and results is a DEAL in it self...

Be weary of Brokerages and Sales Representatives advertising 2.5% total commission. This statement is usually followed with an asterisk. This “total” represents the amount paid to the listing broker. Payment to the co-operating broker must still be taken into account. Therefore, those half-true advertisements should read: 2.5% to the Listing Broker and 2.5% to the Co-operating Broker, for a total of 5% commission.

 

Also, beware of the Discount Brokerages offering 3.5% total commission (1% for the Listing Broker and 2.5% for the Co-operating Broker). As discussed earlier, how effective is an agent going to be in terms of effort and marketing of your home when his/her commission is minimal. I know that if I were offering my services at 1%, I would consider leaving out open houses, newspaper advertisements, just-listed cards, and colour feature sheets.

The issue in Real Estate is this: The “best deal” is not always how much the service will cost. There are costs involved that are directly related to the work that is performed and the result that this work achieves. When dealing with your largest earthly asset (for most of us this is your home), the “best deal” is the deal that nets you the most amount of money for your home, in the least amount of time, with the fewest hassles. Generally, real estate commissions are between 5% and 6% for residential transactions. Start asking the questions of realtors offering to do it for more than 6% or less than 5%.

So, what is your plan with this opportunity and what is your next step in the real estate process?



Mississauga Real Estate Market Professional

Overall average prices.

So, if you are thinking of selling and buying a homes this year, should you buy or sell first?  I've had many clients purchase before they sell.  I just want you to have all the information so you can make the best decision for yourself and your family.  You may read more about buying or selling first here

Read about what happened in real estate last month.

I wish you much success, good health and happiness today and always! 

Mark

 

Mississauga MLS Real Estate Properties & MLS.CA Homes for Sale  | All Pages including Mississauga Real Estate Blog all maintained by info@mississauga4sale.com Copyright © A. Mark Argentino, P.Eng., Broker, RE/MAX Realty Specialists Inc., Brokerage, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L5M 7A1 (905) 828-3434  Google  First created - Tuesday, July 16th, 1996 at 3:48:41 PM - Last Update of this website: Monday, January 15, 2018 8:24 PM
At this Mississauga, (Erin Mills, Churchill Meadows, Sawmill Valley, Credit Mills and / or Meadowvale ) Ontario, Canada Real Estate Homes and Property Internet web site you will find relevant information to help you and your family.


REMAX Mississauga Real Estate NewsletterReal Estate Market Watch Newsletter

Why Subscribe?  You will receive valuable Real Estate information on a monthly basis - such as: where to find the 'best' mortgage interest rates, Power of Sale Properties and graphs of current house price trends.  Plus, you will pick up ideas, suggestions and excellent real estate advice when you sell or buy your next home. Read Past Newsletters before you decide 
Privacy-Policy
Your e-mail: